A middle-aged refrigerator repairer and father of five, identified as Moshood Majoko, was yesterday morning electrocuted in Osogbo, behind Ilesa Motor Park, Osun State.
Sources said that the deceased was, as he usually did, assisting his community in electrification work and was up a pole when power was suddenly restored to the area.
He was said to be working on a line that overlapped along Zone C, Road 7, Ago Ayo, when the incident occurred.
According to an eyewitness, before climbing the pole, Majoko had told his wife to bring hand gloves, but did not wait for her to return before he set to work.
Vanguard gathered that when the deceased was electrocuted, he fell from the pole and was immediately taken to a hospital where he later died.
Some residents of the community said the deceased always helped in electricity-related work with the permission of the management of Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company, IBEDC.
Reacting, Public Relations Officer of IBEDC, Osogbo region, Miss Kike Owoeye, said the company had been enlightening residents on the need to report faults.